Sunday 6 June 2010

New stuff on Etsy

I made a couple of new pieces and have added them to my Etsy store. I personally love the earrings. The beads have been with me since last June when I bought them in Tokyo from a little bead store tucked away in the wholesale beads district - Asakusabashi. I love that area and can't wait to get back there again. I think I'll do a post on the wonderful shops there soon. As for the bead caps in that pair of earrings...well, they've been with me even longer. I picked them up when I was in Bali in late 2008. They're gorgeous Bali silver and cost me a pretty penny.

As for the washi pendant, I've been dabbling in making pendants using washi paper and cache of bezel settings I bought on a whim. I was supposed to start using them with resin but have been putting it off since to be honest, I'm a little scared of all the mixing and care that resin seems to need. Anyway, I quite like how the pendant turned out. The chiyogami design is suitably cheery for this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment