Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year to one and all! May the coming year be better than the last, filled with love, joy, good health, success and every good thing you can wish for.

Looking back, 2010 was a landmark year for me. I started making jewellery with the intent of selling them, and finally got around to having an online presence through my Artfire and Etsy shops. I can't say I've been very successful in selling my work but then again, I haven't put in the effort and time that I should have. I did however start talking more about my jewellery to people and posting photos on Facebook which resulted in some friends commissioning some pieces. I found that it's much easier for me to make an item when I have someone in mind than when I'm making jewellery for the sake of a sale. I would do much better I think if I could picture in my mind's eye the sort of person I'd want to be wearing my jewellery before I actually start making it.

So I'm going to take those lessons learnt from 2010 and use them in 2011. My goal this year is to sell more of my work. It doesn't matter if it's through online sales or to friends who want to buy the bracelet off my wrist. I'm not going to put a number on the sales I'm hoping for though. 'More' will do. Just more.

No comments:

Post a Comment