Sunday 16 January 2011

Special jewellery

I've started 2011 by agreeing to make some commissioned jewellery for an old schoolmate. We only recently re-connected via Facebook and I'm both pleased and honoured that she's asked me to make some very special items for her. This from only seeing photos I've uploaded on the Net.

First up is a rose quartz bracelet because she says she always feels calmer when she wears this stone. I'm not ecstatic with what I came up with, but it's serviceable and will pass muster. I think.


Apologies for the poor picture-taking. I'm without my regular camera since it's in HK with my sisters :-(. So I had to take photos with my dodgy old camera instead. 

My schoolmate then requested for 2 sets of prayer beads - or tasbih as we call them - which she wanted to give as gifts to friends who are going through rough times. Again, she asked for rose quartz beads. It never occurred to me to make prayer beads but I loved how they turned out. More than that, I'm thankful for being given the chance to make something meaningful with my beads. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure she'll love them!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete