Sunday 4 December 2011

Craft Show.....Not!

So. That craft show I said I might be participating in? Doesn't look like it's happening. We now have to pay a fee to rent a booth and my co-worker and I can't quite justify the cost of shelling out all that money in return for very uncertain sales/profits. We'd also have to take leave from work since the Fair starts at 5pm on a Friday and you have to be there early to set up your booth.


I dont know how I feel about this actually. I'm a little disappointed. I'm also a bit relieved as well. I was starting to feel pressured about having enough jewellery on hand. And I must say I also had visions of sitting there and not selling a thing. If I'm being honest with myself, it's a reprieve from having to confront my fear of failure and self-doubt. That little part of me that shies away from the limelight and which thinks what I do isn't good enough is probably doing cartwheels with joy right now. Which, come to think of it, really isn't such a good thing. 


What is a good thing is that I made tons of angel earrings. So I'm pretty much set for gifts and stocking fillers come the holidays.



1 comment:

  1. I totally understand how you feel. I canceled one of my shows this month due to the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete