Monday 16 January 2012

O frabjous day!

Callooh! Callay!


Why all the excitement, you ask? It's because I've been lucky enough to be picked to participate in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party. There are 202 people taking part this time, from all around the world. What's the BSBP all about? Go here to find out the details. 


In brief, you get paired with a partner and then exchange with them several beads that must include a focal bead, a special clasp and some coordinating beads, which you then use to make a piece of jewellery. The whole point of the event is to get you to make something that's out of your comfort zone and I think more importantly, to connect with other bead lovers and....just have fun!


I've been paired with Hajer who lives in Bahrain, in the Middle East. She tells me she likes to try everything beading-relating so I'm going to have a heck of a time figuring out what to send. Check out Hajer's blog to find out more about her and her jewellery. She's got a pic of a lovely peyote cuff  and promises that there are more pics to come. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment