Wednesday 15 February 2012

Something good happened

Just popping in to share a piece of good news. I made my first ever Etsy sale! This probably won't mean much to those of you who get regular, and frequent, sales. But it means a tremendous amount to me that someone from across the world wanted something I made enough to pay for it, and was willing to wait 2 weeks to receive it. If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that I'm visited by self-doubt pretty regularly, especially when it comes to jewellery-making. Thoughts like 'it's just not good or pretty enough to sell' and 'no one will ever buy it' are common.

Don't get me wrong. I don't make jewellery for the sake of selling. I make it because I love pretty things and because I find the whole process therapeutic and a wonderful change from my regular day job. But getting a sale is like the cherry on top. It's a bonus and it makes me happy. Plus it keeps the self-doubt at bay. At least for a while.

What was it like for you when you made your first online sale?

7 comments:

  1. Adlinah, sounds great! I always wanted to join etsy or such site, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same... it's a tremendous boost to know that you must be doing something right. Well done and here's to many more! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Adlinah! I think most of us are visited by self doubt, I am pretty sure it's probably a pre-requisite of being creative. I remember our first online sale - we were over the moon, there's nothing quite like it. Checked out your Etsy shop and your jewellery is gorgeous :) Hang in there :) ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adlinah, that is so wonderful! I am so happy for you. I understand how you feel completely about your creative process. I love to make jewelry simply for the joy of making it and playing with wonderful beads. :) I went to your etsy shop and your stuff is beautiful! I am currently working on opening my own etsy shop but I have two wonderful little boys that keep me very busy. I am sure that your first sale will turn into many!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic! You have great stuff in your store! wishing you many more sales! :)

    Cathy K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Adlinah, that is great. I am still waiting on my first Etsy sale. Even though I have had sales outside of Etsy it would mean so much to me to get a sale through this site. You should be very proud and the "self doubt" is not uncommon. Just keep faith that what you do is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fantasic! I am still tickled whenever i get an etsy sale. it's so much fun to have others love your work (and get more bead money!)

    ReplyDelete