Tuesday 10 July 2012

Bead soup's here!

Yes! My bead soup package from Carmen, my BSBP partner, arrived safe and sound this afternoon. As you can see, apart from the beads - no, she didn't send Swarovskis; Carmen's eco-conscious and uses recycled packaging, which I think is fantastic - she sent me.....candy!
A whole sachet of marshmallows and sour gummies that turn out nice and sweet after the initial face-grimacing sourness. Thanks Carmen! The candy will come in handy when I try to figure out what to do with your bead soup. Sweets always help me to think :-).
From the pic above, you can see that Carmen has been most generous with her bead soup. The 2 bags were stuffed full of beads and charms and other good things. I love the little card she sent, along with the tiny sparkly charm that was attached to it. And I have to say I was most impressed by the neatness of her penmanship. I just hope she's able to read what I wrote on her package; my handwriting is admittedly atrocious. I knew I should have been neater. 


As for the actual beads themselves, well, you'll have to wait. I want to photograph them in natural light to do them justice. Which means you'll get to see them tomorrow at the earliest - or more probably, at the weekend when I'll have more time to take pics. So check back soon to see what Carmen sent me!

No comments:

Post a Comment