Saturday 27 July 2013

My Bead Soup Blog Party Prize is here!

If you recall, my Sparkly Scrap Shell won the Out of the Box Award in the fabulous Ms Lori Anderson's 7th Bead Soup Blog Party. 



Despite the pain and medical horrors she's been through in the past months, Lori managed to find the time and energy to pick a selection of beads from her own stash and mail them off to me. 

This is what I received:



A bagful of beads wrapped in pretty packaging and a card.

I couldn't get past the pretty tissue paper the beads were wrapped in. 



Isn't it pretty? And such an unusual print too. I've put it aside in the hopes of using it in some of my resin experiments. 

And now on to the beads!




Lori sent a gorgeous collection of beads and findings that included gemstones, vintage lucite, handmade glass, polymer clay, glass, pewter and cotton. Here's a closer look without the plastic baggies.


You'll notice the Barbara Bechtel (Second Surf) key pendant smack dab in the pic. I've only ever drooled over her work from afar, so to actually own a bead of hers feels amazing. I am so very lucky! And it's all due to Lori's generosity - I can't thank you enough Lori! I'm going to have so much fun playing with what you sent. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your wire wrapping design.. very creative!! Cant wait to see what you do with Lori's soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations :) I have a secret stash of Barbara Bechtel & I love her work too. Enjoy, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete